Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Moving to Columbia





Guess it is good luck to interview on your birthday. I got offered the job at the university. So now I'm employed. Which is better than not being employed. Not my dream job, but it's a start... with benefits. Have to PAY for parking and there's no guarantee the garage they pick for you is anywhere close to your building so a lot of walking (which is good... I am not complaining.). I just can't believe they make employees pay for parking. That's bull shit.

The question of the week is... how to keep a straight face while you're buying Astroglide and Preparation H at the same time. It's an age thing. You youngins' will understand later. People my age reading this will laugh so hard you might dribble a little!

Leaving on a small vacation out east before I start packing in panic mode. Denial is a valuable thing. If I don't pack, it's not really happening. But the Ticker above will keep ticking away whether I pack or not so I had better get cracking.

P.S. The "paws" in the Ticker are supposed to represent Tiger paws, not bear paws. They were they closest I could come to represent the MU Tigers. And the sailboat... well, you get it.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Sailor said...

I'm hoping the time will pass quickly and pleasantly for you. Good that you have the vacation time first too, before you have to really dig in.

If needed, I'll crack the whip for you, to make sure you get cracking on the packing.

Good luck with SB, as well- I hope it turns out to be what you need.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Good luck on the new job and the new digs...

:)

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger ~grey said...

Sorry I missed your Birthday!!

Happy Birthday to you!!!!
***hugs***

Hope your parking doesn't cost anywhere near what my husband pays for parking here... $400 a month.
And that's with a $75 credit from his employer! ICK!

Congrats on the new job!!!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger justme said...

Thinking about you, and hoping it is all going well.....!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home