Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Happy Fifty-One


August 6th
Happy 51st Birthday to me. I have always loved my birthday. I do not feel like celebrating this year. It has nothing to do with my age. It has everything to do with what's going on in my life right now. I am heading down the road to interview ON my birthday. Is that good luck or should there be a law against interviewing ON your birthday? Let's hope it's a good omen. I think I will feel much better when I get a job. Can you believe it? Another call. I have TWO interviews today.

Then afterwards it's lunch with the daughters and then after my second interview we'll go see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. A chick flick with my favorites chicks. My sisters and their husband/friend will take me to dinner on Friday and then it's home to see the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. Maybe once I celebrate with the my daughters and I do well on the interviews (And one of them offers me a job) and I celebrate with the sisters and see the opening ceremonies, I will feel better about my birthday.

And then I have to start packing. Now I want to vomit.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Ellen, Happy Birthday to you....and many more....

LYLAS
Pam

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger justme said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
And hoping that the next year is a really excellent one for you with all your wishes coming true.. You deserve it.
xxxxx

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger H. Alan Scott said...

happy happy birthday!

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Ronjazz said...

Young lady, 51 looks damned good on you. Happy Birthday, honey!

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Marianna said...

Happy birthday! How did your interviews go?

M~

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Joanna Cake said...

I cant believe I missed your birthday! Hope you had a fabulous and successful day x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home