Thursday, November 30, 2006

Slicker than snot

The phone rang at 6 o'clock this morning. Thank God we don't have elderly parents or we would have had a heart attack. As it was, it was my teacher daughter screaming, "I HAVE A SNOW DAY." She lives 2 hours west of St. Louis and the rain, sleet, and ice had started early this morning so they cancelled school for today and tomorrow. All I kept thinking was that Leesa and Silent One and RMT Michael would laugh at us in Missouri panicking over a little (ok, a lot) of ice. It's coming down now pretty hard making for trecherous driving. Schools are closing all over the place. Stop laughing. We're wimps.

Now here's a puzzlement. When I got home from lunch, my STBX's car was in the driveway as he was getting ready to leave for a job interview (YAH!). I peered into the car and saw a pink gift bag in the backseat with Estee Lauder's Pleasures perfume in it. The girls would never wear Estee Lauder (I don't care if Gwyneth Paltrow is the spokesperson). And he's never bought me perfume ever. Ok, once, when the girls picked it out for him. And his mother's dead. And he hasn't seen his sisters since their dad dad 12 years ago. What do you think is up with that?

11 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger steve said...

Who's "we" and why were you together at 6:00 am? Making notes for new job? Doing an awful lot of laughing w/ STBX; maybe Estee is for you. Can you say "reconcilliation"?

Was looking at OLD photos last night. I'll send you some. Do you know I still have proof sheet and negative for every b&w I took for 3+ years in high school? I need to give them to someone who knows what to do with them.

Re: wintery percipitation. I grew up driving on snow. I now get the opportunity to watch absolute morons trying to drive in ice. Give me snow any day!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Marianna said...

I WISH we'd get some snow! We got NADA!

Um. The STBX. Interesting situation. I'll be curious to see if any of y'all end up with it for Christmas.

M~

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

I think that weather's coming our way! It's close to 70 degrees right now (and it's almost midnight), but is supposed to be closer to 35 tomorrow. Sheesh . .. I guess I should go dig out some coats for the girls!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Nature Girl said...

hmmmmm....Steve may be on to something there...
Stacie

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger ~grey said...

Love the title of the post.... LOL

Hey girl... what kind of wine is that in your picture... I know it is a Zinfandel... but what kind? I am looking to try new wines...

hmmmm... very interesting about the STBX (love his name by the way...) took me Forever to figure it out...LOL

I do giggle when I read about places "shutting down" because of the weather.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Haleigh Anne said...

We didn't have anything close down. It was looking like we would get one "snow" day...but, we didn't. :( Wish I could send some heat. It is HOT AS HELL in my apartment. I am on the ground floor and I guess it is insulated well enough that it is not losing ANY heat. It was in the upper 70's (in my apartment) the other night. I had to turn the fan on high just to sleep.

Perfume, huh? What do you think about it? Are you going to get a gift for him?

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Haleigh Anne said...

We didn't have anything close down. It was looking like we would get one "snow" day...but, we didn't. :( Wish I could send some heat. It is HOT AS HELL in my apartment. I am on the ground floor and I guess it is insulated well enough that it is not losing ANY heat. It was in the upper 70's (in my apartment) the other night. I had to turn the fan on high just to sleep.

Perfume, huh? What do you think about it? Are you going to get a gift for him?

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Swampwitch said...

I visiting here from Pam's looking for your post that she tagged you with...6 Weird Things...
I so remember "snow days" when I was teaching and how excited I was to hear that we had "shut down."
Pink is a good color. I hope you like the fragrance.
I'm not a blogger anymore, but you can find me at:
http://Anecdotes.typepad.com

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Im A Foto Nut said...

Well, given that he is the "STBX" it really doesn't matter. Don't let it rent space in your head.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Hmmm...the perfume is innnnnteresting.

Do you normally WEAR Estee Lauder's Pleasures???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home