Monday, October 02, 2006

Adventures of Thelma and Louise... or Lucy and Ethel

Wow, we made it to Leesa's house at midnight tonight and both Ethel (Pam) and I were so slap happy that we almost stopped at the American Legion Hall in Paradise, Montana, for a drink before we got here. Of course, we were singing "Delta Dawn, quit that stomping on my lawn" at the top of our lungs and dodging deer on the road. I couldn't even see them, but Ethel could see their glowing eyes on the side of the road.

She surprised me with a quick visit to The Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. We saw bison, elk, and antelope. No moose. No bears... yet! We drove up to see Old Faithful blow. It was incredible except for the part where I started mumbing, "I just quit my job. WHAT AM I DOING?" I do that a lot. I have never been in a car for this long and have absolutely no feeling in my butt. I could have never done this in a covered wagon.

So for all my friends who are concerned that either Leesa or Pam are serial killers, I assure you they are not. Well, at least not yet.

3 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Blogger Marianna said...

Leesa lets her bears do her dirty work... LOL

Y'all have a blast!

:)
M~

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Nature Girl said...

ROFL at M!

Hope you guys are having a FAB time! Isn't Yellowstone just too much? It's BEYOND FAB! It's my favorite place on earth.
Stacie

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures! Good luck with the bears!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home