Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Way to a Friend's House...

I bet you're dying to read about our next set of adventures. But it's been pretty calm around here. Well, calm after Pam almost peed herself when she saw a bear. Ya gotta go read my account of that episode over here. You'll pee yourself reading it.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingAfter that excitement, life has calmed down. Well, there was the time I was sitting in the hot tub yesterday morning (Yep, twice a day whether I need it or not.) and Brock (aka, Doofus Boy) got loose and was chasing some unsuspecting golden retriever. I flew out of that hot tub like lightning to catch Brock because it would not look good on our record if we lost the dog(s). Luckily, he came when I called and I got him in, but that meant where in the hell was Taylor. Pam went to the neighbor's to look because Leesa said that's where Taylor goes. I can't imagine why. She's got cable and internet. No Taylor at the neighbor's, but he was on the porch when Pam got back and wasn't talking. Whew. Shhhhh, Don't tell Leesa we almost lost the damn dogs.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingSo it's Diet Coke in the morning in the hot tub and wine in the evening. Many friends have suggested that I use this time for reflection, introspection, and prayer. But I say a glass of wine in a hot tub in the mountains of Montana is sorta like meeting Jesus. So we've talked. We went to Thompson Falls yesterday to check out the town and had lunch at some cafe that had an elk on the front. We had hamburgers, but they could have been elkburgers. I didn't ask. I'm sure two redhead strangers (notice, I didn't say strange redheads) were the talk of the town. We stopped at the gas station for gas and a pee break, and Pam couldn't find me cuz she was already back in the truck and I was waiting for her. You know what that does to my abandonment issues. But we soon caught up with each other and came on back to the homestead.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWe watched the moon rise in the mountains last night. And I watched the haze obliterate the mountains this morning. Never thought the sun would come out, but it did, and it's another glorious day on Walton's Mountain. Woops, wrong mountain. The neighbor came by on his horse and was carrying a sidearm. He is going to show Pam how to use the ATV, but I'm staying right here, close to home. I don't go out with people wearing sidearms, but it doesn't seem to bother Pam. She's been in the Army, and she's seen a bear. She's not scared of too much.

The sun finally came out so we went up to Kootenai Falls to explore. I swear to God... if I had come up here rather than take lecture notes during geology, I would have gotten a better grade. (Yep, I got a D in that class. All Missouri has is friggin' limestone.) It was indescribable. Breath taking. Photos tomorrow.

7 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, just to ease your mind...I did get back and said neighbor is quite neighborly. What can I say, I have a soft spot for vet's...ah, military vets, not animal/husbandry vets...(don't want to get Leesa all concerned!!!)I am now certified to ride the ATV...ah, s'that okay Leesa? Hope so 'cause I'm draggin' ole chicken Ellen out this afternoon. And we hope to get a better pic of the moonrise, unfortunately on my old 35mm so you'll have to wait for pics.
♥Pam

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Osbasso said...

Kootenai Falls is beautiful! Be sure to leave bread crumbs to find your way back home! hehe--"home"

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Nature Girl said...

hmmmm, if the neighbor lady is already known to have shot her husband when she was mad at him, what's she going to do with Pam when she finds out she went out gallavanting with the husband? Please lock the woodchipper in the shed and hide the key....

I'm loving your stories and still so very jealous!! Glad you're having a great time!
Stacie

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like Thelma and Louise are have a great time! Thanks for the stories!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Haleigh Anne said...

I'm lovin' the stories! You did a great job telling about Pam seeing the bear. I was cracking up!

My favorite comment in this post is "a glass of wine in a hot tub in the mountains of Montana is sorta like meeting Jesus." That belongs in a book somewhere. Great line! I love it and I agree.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Marianna said...

Hey girlie ~ your pics are not showing up. The images have been removed... what happened?

I hope y'all had a wonderful time. It was so cool to meet Leesa this weekend!

M~

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Osbasso said...

Pics working now! Our talk must have worked! Be sure to email the post-lunch pic. I'll assume that there were no problems after I left! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home