Saturday, September 02, 2006

It's over... I'm on my own

Told my husband last night that the marriage was over. It's something we've known for a long time, but neither one of us had the guts to say it. I told him he had to know on some level. Details to come. Sometimes gory, sometimes joyous. I'm heading to Columbia in October on my own. Just hang in there with me, k?

We promised to be civil and kind and thoughtful. It's easy when we have very little to separate and the kids are grown and gone. We just need to sell the house. The Band-Aid was finally ripped off and now the healing can begin.

I may be blogging more often. I will need to get a lot out. Come along for the ride and be there with me and for me.

8 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Marianna said...

Oh.My.God...

Ellen... my thoughts go to you right now...

Use this blog as you need to... I'm here for you.

M~

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger ~grey said...

Right here with you , my friend!

Just holler when you are in need... we will come running!

Sounds like it was time. I am sure this is for the better.

(((HUGS)))

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

WOMAN!! Holy shit!

Big things going on...you are the master of understatement.

Well, we will have a good time in October sweetie...just a few short weeks away.

How are you kids taking it?
How is he taking it?

Hugs and kisses.
♥Pam

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Must have been hard...

Wishing you the best.

Take Care
Michael

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Im A Foto Nut said...

I have been there. It is truly one of the hardest thing I have ever done. I am sure that everyone is giving you advice, just as they did me. I will tell you 99.99% of it is shit. The one thing I wished I had realized then, was to get it over as quickly as I could. I drug it out for a year, and paid painfully for it.

I hope and pray that yours is not near the cluster F mine was!

God be with you both.

Incurable Savant aka kcinfocus aka Tim

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Swampwitch said...

I'm not even sure how I ended up here, but I believe there's a reason for everything...Been there, done that...my life is so much better now but was difficult to believe it would be at the time.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Sarahlynn said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Shephard said...

That had to be incredibly hard.
Follow your head *and* your heart.
~S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home