Friday, September 08, 2006

Lean on Me and Breakaway or the other way around...

So many people are trying to keep up with me and not pry so they're replying on more frequent visits here. Sorry I have been remiss. I meant to tell you about my Tuesday. I had my annual ob/gyn exam, and no I'm not going into detail. Someone had warned me this weekend that I would start (?) getting spacey. I'm usually not that way, really. But I was writing a fax for my boss and forgot his title. Then I drove to my doctor's and forgot his suite number. I got back into the car to find a place for lunch, and when I decided (and by that time had gone 5 miles out of my way), I missed the entrance. Of course, in order to circle back, I turned left from the right lane. Don't worry, no one else was around. I couldn't even eat what I ordered.

But several things have occurred. For instance, on the way to the doctor's, this song came on. Oh man, did I need that.
Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

On the way back to the office (after having missed my turn off for lunch), this song came on. Since when is God a DJ. Little signs. No coincidences.

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I loved
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

We are doing fine. Thanks for all the caring and love I feel from everyone out there and nearby.

5 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Marianna said...

You have friends here to help you thru this.

M~

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Hey

Take Care
Michael

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Got yer back sis.
♥Pam

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Serendipity brought me here, and I'm glad. I've just read thru several of your entries. Wow!! What a lot you're facing! A separation and a move all at once?

I hope you'll like the Episcopal Church in your new town. They just lost their rector, and are launching a search. A few folks from that town go south, where I am; we're also in an Interim period, probably for about another year. But it's a marvelous parish. Drop in some time.

God be with you, Redhead.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Lisa Fox said...

Got your note over on my blog. Thanks! I was hoping we could make a connection.
There really are only 3 degrees of separation in TEC, aren't there? :)
If you pop over to TEM's site and use the "Contact Us" button, that will go to an e-mail account that will (but perhaps not for a day or 2) make its way to me. Sorry about the circuitousness, but -- like you -- I am loathe to put my personal address in the blogosphere.

We now return to your regularly scheduled programming. vbg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home