Friday, January 21, 2005

Good bye Michael

A very dear friend died suddenly yesterday (or the night before). We are all still in shock as Michael was only 53. He was a diabetic, and without autopsy results, we are assuming that living alone, having the flu, and not having insulin in the house played a major role in his death. I never thought there would be no Michael in this world. He was such a pain in the ass if you really knew him like I did. But he mostly showed his flirtatious self who could charm the pants off ya to most people. When he attended the same church I did, he could sit across from me as a lay reader while I was in the choir loft and flirt with God's altar right in the middle. The twinkle in his eye is unforgettable. He was witty and loving and frustrating. You could count on him, and then he wouldn't show up. He marched to his own beat with little regard to others and with every regard to others. Anyone who ever worked with him could count the number of times he didn't show up or left you hanging and then the number of times he called out of the blue to check on you. He was commitment phobic but loved women. Oh, he loved women, but was probably friends with more of them than anything else. He hurt me so often and yet the twinkle in his eye could make me forgive him. I will miss him.


2 Comments:

At 1:49 AM, Blogger Sarahlynn said...

I am so sorry.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Redhead Editor said...

Thanks, Sweetie. We are all still in shock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home