Monday, January 03, 2005

Drip Drip Drip

Had an interview this morning at 9 which meant I had to wake up at 7:30. The bad news I didn't get to bed till 3 or 4 in the morning. The good news it was because D found the leak in the basement! Yah! Now, here is a bit of irony. When you discover that there is a leak in your basement, you have to find it. Makes sense. The Crack Team cannot perform their job until you have found the leak. They don't do baseboards, drywall or carpet, like I don't "do" dinner, mopping, or vacuuming. So you wait for it to rain for the leak to appear again. And wait. And wait. It has been over 6 weeks since it has rained in St. Louis. We know that because we have lived in our torn-up basement since Thanksgiving. Luckily, we have all of our crap like games (When was the last time we played Monopoly?), lightbulbs (Who needs this many 40 watt bulbs?), blankets (Have we actually had that ugly thing that we got as a wedding gift?), photo books (Do you wanna see the "birth" pictures?), pillow stuffing (I swear, I meant to make that pillow back in the 70s.), and beanie babies (I don't want to make my daughter have to replenish her supply like I had to when trolls came back into vogue.) in plastic tubs instead of cardboard boxes like we did when we were first married. So the heavens open up and it pours and you find the leak. Actually, my husband found the leak when he was playing games on the computer last night while I was trying to go to sleep for my interview this morning. So this time HE had to call The Crack Team and ask someone, in a straight face, to come look at his crack. (I had to do it in November!) The Crack Man appears and announces, "We can't fix that until it dries out." Now THAT's irony.

So that's why I only had 3 hours of sleep. I was allowed a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home