Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Truly Unforgettable

What a weekend! Look back in the archives, and you will see that a year ago this weekend, I told my husband I was leaving him. What a year. Last Wednesday, the divorce was final. He is no longer the STBX. He is now the X. Yes, I feel ambivalent. I am neither happy nor sad. I am more in shock because of the way it happened... so slow and yet so sudden that it was almost anti-climactic. Hint: when expediting a divorce, make sure one of the lawyer's offices is within walking distance of the courthouse and then make sure one of the lawyers is a notary! That's how this got done so quickly after more than 2 hours of mediation that morning. Bent over and grabbed my ankles. Maiden name restored... yah, like I was ever a maiden!I won some things, lost some things, but most importantly, it's over.

And then I went off for the most wonderful weekend. It answered the question, "Have you ever met someone during your life who, no matter how many years or how many miles, was truly unforgettable?" The answer is.... yes. 'nuf said.

If you're in St. Louis this weekend, drop in on by my birthday party. I will officially stop celebrating #50 this weekend. I promise. (I normally celebrate until Labor Day Weekend but had to extend my birthday festivities because of this party. Not my fault.)

With everything going on, I a feeling very unbalanced, disheveled, uncertain, unrooted, uncertain. When will those feelings go away?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger Sailor said...

A year can make a huge difference, indeed. I wish I was in St. Louis, so I could wish you a happy "last part of the festivities" birthday, but this will have to do.

I have no idea when feelings like that will go away, I'm still waiting!

Hugs, Dave

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Any advice or fresh observations on marriage? Would you ever do it again?

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Im A Foto Nut said...

OVER is an apt description. Had I known how wonderful things would have gotten after everything was final, I would have made things take less than a year. Oh well, that was 9 years ago, and it was 3 years on the 28th for her death.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I could tell you the feelings would go away quickly. But I'd be lying. I'm glad I met Cheryl pretty quickly or it would have lasted a LOT longer I'm sure. Meeting someone New that completely takes your breath away makes a huge difference.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

The weekend sounds wonderful :)
Glad it's over.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Osbasso said...

Those feelings are there because YOU'RE OLD! Party hard this weekend! I'll be there in spirit! And congrats/condolences on the big D!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Marianna said...

It's OVER! YAY!

Your last paragraph ~ when you find your answer, kindly let me know. I'm trying to find my balance.

M~

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Semi-Celibate Man said...

Hi RHE. I'm glad - for you and because it's what you want - that it's over. Movin' on! Happy Birthday and HNT.

Stop in and see my final posts if you get a chance. I'm so very glad I got to know you. Bye - I'm out.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Laura said...

See? I toldya you'd be divorced before me. I'm looking at probably another six months...Gah. Congratulations on getting through that mess, woman!!

You will find that balance. Now that this huge thing is behind you, you'll be surprised how everything will move into being just so after being sort of scrunched next to the ugly D word.

Smile and relax. ;P
~L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home