Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy Blogiversary

Can you believe it's been 3 years since I started this blog? December 29th, 2004 was my 25th wedding anniversary, and I celebrated by starting a blog. Can you say, "Writing on the wall." Yes, I have gone back and reread a few entries from the beginning, but it is a weird "out of body" experience where I cannot believe what has transpired over the last 3 years.

First and most startling, I am NOT celebrating my 28th wedding anniversary. My divorce was final in August. Did I see this coming? Not sure I thought 3 years ago that I had what it takes to leave this marriage. But I did. I moved to another city, got a new job, and lived alone, really alone, for the past 15 months.

Second, I went to Montana with a blog friend and visited the home of a blog friend in Montana and met another Montana blog friend. You know who you are. I would have never dreamed that could happen. I have forged friendships with people I didn't know 3 years ago as a result of this blog. I IM them and e-mail with them and learned from them, laugh with them, blush with them. (You know who you are.) I would love to meet some of you all this year.

And finally, I will be spending this New Year's Eve with the love of my life. I spent far too many Dec 29th's alone, lonely. Too many New Year's Eve not celebrating. And now I am head over heels in love and spending it with this wonderful man. How did I get so lucky? 2008 is going to be a wonderful year, and I am so excited to get it started. A toast to love. Join me in the happy dance.

Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. Thanks for coming along for the ride. It's been great meeting you and getting to know you.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Snow White said...

Big HUGS to you! I have a feeling 2008 is going to be YOUR year! But the year of the redheads would be good too... as long as artifical counts! xox

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger ~grey said...

It has been quite the journey!! I am glad to be along for the long haul!

Best Wishes and a quick happy dance with you.

HUGE HUGS my friend!

Deb
(feel free to link me again)

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Sailor said...

Hugs, and I'm also thinking that this is *your* year, snow has that right!

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Marianna said...

2008 HAS to be a better year!

Happy blogiversary!
M~

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Bob said...

Wow. We were married on December 28th, 1979, too! Best wishes in 2008.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Michael said...

I agree with snow White. 2008 is going to be your year!

Take Care
Michael

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

Happy Happy Dance with You!!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger TeacherinHeels said...

Isn't life amazing!!!!! All the best in 2008!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger TK Kerouac said...

Sounds like you've been through a lot of changes,
but came out happy
I also ended my marriage after 25 years
If you'd like a private blog invite send a request to
tkkerouac@gmail.com

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Keyser Soze said...

Congratulations and condolences where apropriate! :-) HHNT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home