Monday, July 25, 2005

Ride Across Iowa


Some of my friends (really my friends' husbands) are riding across Iowa (RAGBRAI) which seems like a ludicrous thing to do when it's 103 degrees in St. Louis with a heat index of 120 (and I'm not even exaggerating). Apparently, it's a little cooler in Iowa and there was even a big storm up there last night. Several of them had to run for cover and one man in particular is riding with very wet shorts on. Hope they have Desitin. Anyway, one friend's husband isn't riding a bike. He has the ominous job of driving the van (Suburban) from stop to stop, driving ahead of the bikers and staking claim to the best camp sight, setting up tents, finding coffee, playing golf, and flagging down The Pork Chop Man. (see photo above) The riders are so impressed with their friend's ability to find the best camping spots and want to keep him as their official driver for many years (and he'll agree as long as they never expect him to ride a bike). Anyway, the driver called his lovely wife today to tell about last night's storm and mentioned that another rider was quite late coming into the camp sight the other night because he dropped his @?#!! and had to go back for it. "He dropped his DILDO?" she asked. And then to herself she thought, "If he dropped it, shouldn't he just leave it on the side of the road?" Her husband said, "I said 'He dropped his billfold.'" "Oh, that makes much more sense," my friend said. "I understand why he went back for his billfold."

My friends and I were laughing so hard over dinner when she told this story and others (that I can't repeat here) that the manager kept commenting on how we knew how to have a good time, and I don't think he was trying to pick us up. If he were, we were 3 gorgeous laughing babes out for the evening while our husbands were gone! He could have gotten lucky, but we were laughing too hard. Could this have been the second time I've been out to dinner with these friends that we were asked to keep it quiet and almost kicked out of a restaurant? This time it was much more subtle than the last time when they (NOT I) were actually told to keep it quiet. And you all thought I was the loud one! In a competition with these women, I would lose. But apparently, there are other contests I would win!

Apparently, many of thee RAGBRAI teams name themselves. We think these men should be... the Billfolds.

4 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Sassy said...

I'm impressed with the blog pictures, Miss thing. :)

Now you know what Texas feels like from May to September with the heat...mwa ha ha....

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger The Anti-Wife said...

LOL...what a great story. Dildo --> billfold...it's all good!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Leesa said...

Sounds like fun! I DON'T miss the heat!!!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Mike said...

I want to know what contests you'd win.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home