Thursday, May 26, 2005

Lovin' my life

I'm having a great time. For the first time in 2 years, I love freelancing. I am working consistently (so far) and wake up early (early for me) in the morning and go to bed at a decent time and work in between. But I also get to go shopping with the kids or, for instance, take a kid to the airport. I've had lunch with friends and done church work. I am the luckiest person in the world to be able to have this opportunity, and I'm not taking it for granted.

Took Mabel to the airport today for her trip to Greece. I never got on that portion of the Explorica website to see what she was up for today (and tomorrow). Maybe it's best that way because she would have been cranky if she knew that she would have a 4-hour layover in Toronto and a 6-hour layover in London before getting to Athens Friday afternoon. I told her that her foremothers took days, months, and years to travel from Europe to America and then died. So cheer up. With my freelance lifestyle, I was able to take her to the airport, but I did not wait for her plane to leave since she was there 2 hours early.

It was Junior Toga Day for Dorothy. Her big sister just happened to have a toga, complete with gold sandals, gold jewelry, and gold eye shadow. She looked darling. As Dorothy left, Mabel said, "Don't worry if your eyelids start burning. The gold eyeshadow has a tendency to do that, but it is so worth it."

The saga at the former job continues, and I couldn't be happier to be out of there. They told Jay not to come in any more because they didn't have any money to pay him. Then last week, despite Robin's resigning and giving a June 1st end date, they fired her. Fired a 6-month pregnant woman who needs the insurance. No conscience whatsoever. Can you believe the Office Manager asked Robin for a good bye hug? No more driving 40 miles a day. No more eating expensive lunches. No more office politics.

Now if we can just get my husband employed. Our income tax refund came in so we're saved for a few more weeks. Life is good.

4 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Sassy said...

ahhh, the notorious toga. My friends and I didn't even go for traditional, we went to Wal-Mart and bought crazy fabric for 50 cents a yard and just made funny ones. Mine was pink paiseley. Also, how much your toga covers you up is directly proportional to how much alcohol you've consumed. :)

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Redhead Editor said...

I hope you're talking about college! This is high school. The toga must cover most body parts. It's the only day that tank tops are allowed. Don't know if they have a "white only" rule that day, but the paisley sounds so chic, you little fashion hound, you!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Sassy said...

I DID mean college! Haha...sorry, I shouldn't have assumed!! It sounds like she looks cute with all the white and gold. Oh and I meant to say this before, but congrats again on the Freelancing and freedom of working from home. I know you must be relieved.

Just put up a picture of the REAL American Idol on my blog. *drool*

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Diann said...

It's good to hear you sounding happy again. And I'm glad we share the same passion for "Housewives." If my plumber looked like Mike I would be a plumber's wife! or bimbo, or helper etc.etc.

So glad that life is grand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home