Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Spring in Missouri




So the first day of spring brought snow to Missouri. Remember we have not had much this winter. I was surprised to hear that we have had 7 inches this entire winter. (That's an afternoon in Leesa's world!) I can only recall one or two days of a few flurries, but who's counting? Anyway, we were promised about 2-3 inches and got that on top of some sleet so we were doing a snow day dance around here. My sister's school district (30 miles north) got the day off, but we did not, nor did my daughter in mid-Missouri. Drats. However, as you can see, the daffodils are dead, frozen and heavy-laden with ice. It is Missouri. Anything can happen including snow on Easter. If it can happen on the first day of spring, it could happen in April. Stay tuned for more developments.

5 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

You call that snow??? :P

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Marianna said...

HAHA Leesa!

Ain't she a meany?!

I thought March goes out like a lamb... hm!

M~

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Redhead Editor said...

"In like a lion, out like a lamb" is the old saying. But the opposite is true, too. And it was a beautiful day March 1. Believe me, I made note.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

One woman's snow is another woman's...?

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Snow on Easter? And I thought we had bad Easters where I grew up. I can't imagine where you hide the eggs?? Knotholes in trees??
~S :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home