Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Ponderances


I cannot believe that I have had over 10000 hits and over 100 hugs. You all are the best. Of course, half those hits are me checking my blog for comments and checking your blogs.

A mother with 6 children, a single birth and quintuplets, was put on probation yesterday for five years after leaving her older child who was 3 at the time at home to care for 4 of the quints while she took the 5th quint to the doctor. Now don’t get me wrong. Something should be done, but probation and unscheduled visits by family services? Do you know how desperate you would have to be to leave your 3-yr-old at home with 4 babies when a 5th baby is sick. How about “punishing” this woman with some help? Where are all the pro-lifers who are against abortion and fetal reduction when this woman obviously needs help in caring for the infants now that they’re here. Ok, please don’t leave mean comments about fetal reduction. We’re talking about a “litter” of babies here, a woman who obviously was not infertile receiving infertility treatments, and a situation that obviously needs some outside help.

Is it wrong to have a little smirk on my face when I read/heard this story? Anyone who knows me knows I am a Liberal with a capital “L” and proud of it. But this LOL (little old lady) was beaten up and burglarized last year so her daughter bought her a gun. Now I’m for gun control and would never ever have a gun in my house. But the thought of this guy (perhaps the same guy who burgled her two months ago) standing there looking at this 87-yr-old LOL with a gun just puts a smirk on my face. I know, I’m going to hell.

My daughter’s boyfriend is prone to seizures. Is there a better way to say that? Seriously, he is not epileptic, but he is on seizure medication. Something about meningitis as a kid. Anyway, he has not had a seizure in a year and a half and had one yesterday while student teaching. Luckily, he was sitting down, but he has no idea how he got to the nurse’s office or to the hospital for that matter (ambulance, I do believe). The school nurse called my daughter who is student teaching in the school next door (thank God) and as the nurse was telling her about the seizure, Mabel could hear the ambulance coming down the street. How frightening. My heart breaks for the guy. And I have to wonder…Does Hallmark make a card for “Sorry you had a seizure and sorry it happened in the classroom”?

Note to self: Don’t read your daughter’s “myspace” unless you’re willing to learn things you don’t wanna know. Yikes.

Bumper sticker found on back of pick-up truck (DUH!): Silly faggot, Dix are for Chix. Note to self: give driver of aforementioned truck dirty look.

Time to get out your jealous hat. The Hub and I are going to The Blue Collar Comedy Tour tomorrow night. I know. You are so "J."

It snowed in St. Louis today. Yah! I’m sure you’re all green with envy. It was the beautiful kind. 33 degrees, melted on the streets and sidewalks although there are still crazy people who don’t know how to drive in the stuff. And it clung to the tree and bushes like fairy dust. So that follows my rule: either look pretty and be safe or snow enough to make everyone stay home. And yes, I’ve turned into the crazy blogger who was out with the dog this morning taking pictures to put on my blog. (What? To prove we had snow? Why would I lie?) I did discover that when you’re standing in the doorway of your house taking pictures, you’re actually taking pictures of the neighbors’ houses. Hope they don’t mind.

4 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Marianna said...

I saw that Missouri got snow on my local weather this morning! It looked so pretty.

I'm really sorry to hear about your daughter's b/f. That's utterly scary!

One of my pet peeves is when people put derogatory comments on their t-shirts, bumper stickers, etc. I totally understand freedom of speech ~ but come on! Have some class! There's little kids reading that stuff & asking what %$#& means.

M~

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

Oh sure, rub it in about Blue Collar...geez.
Is that snow?? bwahahahahahah
Snow? Are you sure???

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

I have to admit Marianna's point didn't occur to me, and then I thought, omg, she's right! You can't hide bumper stickers and t-shirts from the little ones.

I'm with you on the gun incident, too.
;)
~S

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Laura said...

hehehe...I love the story with the gun, too. Good for her!!
~L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home