Friday, December 23, 2005

Oh crap... I'm not ready


Is Christmas really the day after tomorrow? WTF?? My kids are going to the Transberian Orchestra Concert today down at the Savvis Center. So glad they're going to the 4 o'clock performance and not the 8 o'clock. That would be nuts. It was part of their Christmas present. It will allow the DH and me to take a survey of everything I have done for Christmas and he has not and start wrapping. (I'm not bitter.) Keep your fingers crossed that I don't tie him up in ribbon and tape because he has done NOTHING. Nada. Zip. I take that back. He went up to church yesterday when I asked and spritzed the evergreen so it wouldn't dry out.

Tonight we have an impromtu wedding of a dear couple at church who just got the okey dokey from the bishop. So with family in town, they decided to tie the knot. As usual the family will come out in full force as altar guild, lector, usher, and acolyte. She didn't want to bother anyone this time of year, but you know me. I whipped up an invitation and sent it to hundreds of our closest friends. Won't she be shocked when they all show up tonight on their way to some other Christmas function? I asked them all, "When was the last time you went to a wedding to listen to the vows instead of dream about the open bar at the reception? So that will be a nice "break" from the ravages of Christmas shopping, but since stores are open till midnight in this fair city, we will be back out at the mall after the ceremony.

I really do shop throughout the year, but I don't survey early enough and end up frantic at the last minute because of the little things I forgot. Like Leesa, I did not put up a tree or much decoration, and I don't even have a cat as an excuse. Ok, I have to go eat my words because the DH just brought me lunch. Damn it. It is 60 friggin' degrees in St. Louis today. What is that about? I want cold and snow. I think I'm moving to Montana to live with Leesa. But I hear she has mountain lions and bears (OH MY!) in her backyard so maybe not. Of course, I have shopping at the mall the day before Christmas Eve which is similar so you'd think I would be used to fear and panic. Wish me good luck. I have the annual Christmas letter written. I just have to post it with photos for you to enjoy. Maybe I'll go buy Christmas stamps for those few snail mail cards I send. So I'm off to pick up the photos for the cards.

Fa la la la la la la la la...

3 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Leesa said...

Wow, Transberian Orchestra should be very cool!
Yes, no tree. I did actually by a pre-lighted wreath and hang it on my door.
Bears and mountain lions?? I'd take that anyday over mall crowds!!
You know, I never did ask for your address! Send it to me now!! :)

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Marianna said...

Oh geez! I'm so terribly jealous of your kiddos for going to TSO! I had 2 chances to go this year & wasn't able to convince my friends that we REALLY should go. So we'll wait til next year. I went last year ~ it was the BEST concert I have EVER been to.

Happy Holidays!

M~

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Redhead Editor said...

I think I bought tickets for the girls because of some of the comments you made about TSO. They said it was fabulous so don't let the opportunity pass you by next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home